Thursday, March 18, 2010

Swing On In -- It's Spring!

Many thanks to all the students and parents who made our recent book fair a huge success!  We made over $2000.00 for our LMC and trade book collections!  The teachers and I will be busily looking through the Scholastic catalog to find just the right titles to help us teach reading and inspire students to read more.

Now that the book fair is over and I am done counting money and keeping accounts, I needed to indulge the creative side of my nature.  Luckily for me, we are having a spring door decorating contest in our building! I got inspired with the theme "Swing On In" and hung vines with animals swinging in them.  Since it is spring, I had to add tissue paper flowers, a sun, and some butterflies.  I think it is a real winner, but we will see what the judges decide.

Next on our schedule for the year is an all-school book swap.  This is a first for us, so we will learn as we go.  A memo should go our next week to all the students explaining the process.  Students can bring up to three used books in good condition.  On the swap day, they can pick up three new-to-them books.  Donations are due Wednesday, April 7.  The book swap will occur on Monday, April 12.

No comments: